In the deafening silence, I finally give in to the long awaited debate...

Heart: How could you do this to me?
Mind: I'm not responsible for your actions
Heart: Why did you let this happen to me?
Mind: I was not involved in your decisions
Heart: I'm breaking and you don't even realize..(sigh)
Mind: You're not breaking. I won't let you!
Heart: Now you care? Now you say I won't break?! You couldn't think and stop all of this earlier?
Mind: I wasn't thinking. I was listening to you.
Heart: If you were listening, why did you not speak up for me when I started to beat slower? Why did you not protect me from it all?
Mind: You're so strong, I never knew you needed my protection. I set you free to live to your content
Heart: But I didn't. I could hear you think it too. But you never said anything. you just let me die small deaths every day.
Mind: Not every day. You had some fun. I could feel you beating strongly.
Heart: I was trying to get away from you. You let me make so many bad decisions and then you blame me later on.
Mind: Like I said, I'm not responsible for your decisions. You chose to feel the way you do and I tried to tell you time and again. But you always insist in believing in good, even though you have had so much bad already. Why do you insist to keep believing? Why can't you be more cynical like I am and question things?
Heart: Why should I do that? What kind of life would I have if I question everything? Why can I not believe in rainbows and happily ever after? Why should I question when someone says they love me? Why can't it all be true?!
Mind: Because it's not! And you should know better by now! There are no fairy tales and happily ever afters. There's only happy right now, in this moment, with whoever chooses to spend it with you. And if there's no one around, you should be happy by yourself.
Heart: Why do you make is sound like I exist for no reason? As if everything I stand for and believe in is not real? Just because you can't feel it, does not mean it's not there!
Mind: Fool yourself all you want! Make yourself believe in love and all its glories. But don't come to cry by me when you're broken again!
Heart: Cry? What do you know about my pain and my crying? You control me so well I get to show only the emotion you allow me to.
Mind: If I didn't do that, you would make a fool of us both! Look at the shattered bits you are in now...and yet you dare ask me why I keep a lid on you...?
Heart: Do you think you could stop pretending for just a minute? Do you think that you could take that minute and listen to me?
Mind: (listening) I hear nothing...
Heart: That's because you froze me in. I stopped beating...

Debate inspired by Isaia

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chainmail me to heaven